Month: December 2013
Sophie and I, along with two of our gal pals, tested 3 different red wines priced at <$20. These consisted of two Pinot Noirs and 1 Cabernet.
Pinot # 1: Francis Ford Coppolla Pinot Noir
- What we saw: brownish in color, fairly translucent
- What we smelled: floral, high acidity
- What we tasted: blackberry, currant, cherry
- What our tongues told us: dry, acidic, tart finish
Cabernet: Louis M. Martini Cabernet Sauvignon
- What we saw: deep purple in color
- What we smelled: spice
- What we tasted: no one could decide…just “spice”
- What our tongues told us: velvety mouthfeel, silky
- What we saw: rich, deep purple in color
- What we smelled: heavy body, fruity
- What we tasted: tobacco, fruit
- What our tongues told us: heavy bodied with lots of flavor, easy finish
Have a recommendation of wines under $20 that we should know of? Leave a comment below!
- Good wine: Story of a Cabernet, Pinot Noir pioneer (dailyherald.com)
- Pinot Noir Wine Grapes, Flavor, Character, History (widisuccesfull.wordpress.com)
- California Wine: Pinot Noir Is The Other White Wine (kcet.org)
- Two new pinots to try while they last (alohavino.com)
- The Best of Burgundy #1: Game For Some Pinot (pleasebringmemywine.com)
I met Sam at church. He was really attractive-dark hair, bright green eyes, athletic body and a strong, well-defined jawbone (which I love!).
We decided to do brunch. The night before we were supposed to meet, he asked if I wanted to go to church before brunch. For me, church is more of a personal thing, but since we met at mass (and I needed to go anyway) I agreed.
After church he offered to drive to brunch. Assuming that he had picked a place, I’m thinking, Yay! Time for bloody mary’s. Not so fast, we ended up going to The Tortilla Factory. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good margarita and some fajitas, but not at 10 am!
Not only were there no bloody marys, but he had all of the hymns from mass on his iPod and sang. Opera style. at the top of his lungs. all the way too brunch. It was the longest 20 minute car ride of my life!
Motivated, passionate, kind, career/full time school, not living with parents, must have car, enjoys cocktails with brunch